SPORT & CLUB STAYS
Alpha Hotel Canberra in Tuggeranong, provides group hotel accommodation for organisers and participants of sport, dance and recreational events in the Canberra region.
We offer a wide range of rooms suitable for 2 up to 6 people sharing, as well as providing important facilities groups attending events and competitions are looking for..
Our location in Tuggeranong gives guests plenty of dining options within walking distance. We have 2 Clubs on our doorstep (Vikings and Southern Cross), as well as Anketell Street dining precinct with everything from Lebanese and Chinese to Laotian and Indian cuisines. South Point Tuggeranong – a major shopping centre with food courts, takeaway outlets, major grocery retailers and bars is also nearby.
Top 10 Reasons to Stay for your competition or event
- 10% off for you and your club – mention “myevent” when you call the hotel
- Close proximity to sporting and event venues in Canberra and Tuggeranong area – see list below
- A large number of bedding configurations including twins and larger multi-share rooms for up to 6 people
- Plenty of easily accessible off-street parking
- Variety of dining options at the Tuggeranong Vikings or Southern Cross Clubs next door
- Function rooms for private events or rehearsals
- Free unlimited WiFi throughout the hotel
- Easy-access rooms available
- Quiet setting overlooking the Brindabella Ranges just 20 mins from all major Canberra attractions
- A warm and friendly meet-and-greet on arrival by the resident kangaroos.
For more information for Alpha Hotel Canberra, please complete an online enquiry form or call the hotel direct on 02 6293 3666.
Sporting & Event Venues Near the Hotel
Southern Cross Basketball Stadium, Tuggeranong – 5 minutes walk
Tuggeranong Archery Club, Tuggeranong – 5 minutes walk
Kanga Cup Soccer Playing Fields – Wanniassa & Mawson Fields – 5 – 8 minutes drive
GIO Stadium, Rugby union, rugby league – 20 minutes drive
Stromlo Forest Park – Mountain biking, bike event racing, equestrian – 20 minutes drive